[Lazarus] Status of namespace

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 13 12:44:44 CEST 2017

Am 13.08.2017 12:18 schrieb "Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus" <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

> On 2017-08-02 20:39, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
>>
>> he dotted names support may be quite perfect now.
>

> So does FPC or Lazarus already support the ability to specify the default
namespace that must be applied for a project? If so how and where do you
specify the namespace to be applied?

> eg:
>  With Delphi I can write code using the Forms unit, but then at compile
time I can specify the VCL or FMX namespace, and the correct
<namespace>.Forms.pas unit will be used. This is a key feature of
namespaces and dotted units - and very useful in framework type code.

> Last time I checked [some months ago] FPC and Lazarus only supported
dotted unit names, but the ability to specify a default namespace was not
supported yet.

Specifying default namespaces (yes, plural) is not yet supported by FPC.

Regards,
Sven