[Lazarus] String vs WideString

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 12:22:34 CEST 2017

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Michael Schnell via Lazarus
> UTF-8 and UTF-16 are just encoding variants for 32 bit Unicode "characters",
> storing them in n (or 2*n) Bytes according to a simple scheme.

No, they are encodings for codepoints, not "characters" (whatever that means).

Michael Schnell, your posts are completely out of topic.
Unicode related topics clearly pull you like a magnet and then you
loose all control and start to proclaim your grand plan for a string
revamp.
It can continue for months as we remember from past years.
You should stop writing in this thread now. I agree with Mattias.

Juha