[Lazarus] String vs WideString

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 16:37:07 CEST 2017

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus
> Thanks. I know about this page... unfortunately looks like it is not
> enough, since many others still complain.

What is missing? I can try to improve it.

> This thread is not only about WinAPI. I have this problem because I
> need to use a Windows 3rd Lib, which uses WideString.

Then just use WideString or UnicodeString where needed. It is not a problem.

Note,  WideString is for OLE programming. Most often you should use
UnicodeString. Their memory management differs.

Juha