[Lazarus] dynamic string proposal

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Aug 16 17:58:21 CEST 2017

On 16.08.2017 17:20, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:

> Unicode is the standard now. We cannot ignore it, and we don't want to
> ignore it because it solves so many problems of the earlier solutions.
> If you create a new string type, you certainly must take Unicode into account.
It is not "ignored", as it is handled by the conversion functions the
functionality of which is not touched. The paper is just about storing
the information in the strings (including the "encoding brand" and
"bytes per element") fields.

So the actual meaning of the stuff that is stored in the strings is
beyond the scope of the paper. And supposed to stay as it currently is.

-Michael