[Lazarus] String vs WideString

Thu Aug 17 01:34:42 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-16 19:26, Luca Olivetti via Lazarus wrote:
> I mean, TBytes is just an "array of char".

NO!  Char can now mean a 1-byte char or a 2-byte char (I don't know how
FPC plans to support Unicode surrogate pairs which will require
4-bytes). In the olden days (Delphi 7 and FPC 2.6.4) the Char type might
always have meant 1-byte, but it doesn't necessarily these days.

TBytes has always been a container for Byte data.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/