[Lazarus] String vs WideString

Thu Aug 17 01:38:06 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-16 23:46, Luca Olivetti via Lazarus wrote:
> I started using strings as communication buffers since delphi 2. There
> weren't even dynamic arrays then...

Well, Link-Lists existed from the beginning of time. I used them plenty
in my TP days, and adding, inserting, indexing etc was pretty easy.
Maybe programmers have just become spoilt over time with all the "out of
the box" functionality and actually become lazy in coding.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/