[Lazarus] String vs WideString

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Aug 17 04:15:07 CEST 2017

On 08/16/2017 07:30 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> On 2017-08-16 18:35, Sven Barth via Lazarus wrote:
>> You are wrong. The string types in 3.0.x and 3.1 are like this:
>
> Thanks for correcting me. I was thinking of the "$modeswitch unicodestring" option.

will that modeswitch take care of the warning about explicit conversion between
ansistring and unicode string when one has

var foo : unicodestring;

writeln(padright(foo,5);

??

i wrote a quick and simple little array exhibit program for someone... i had
thought to try to embrace this new unicode stuff by using unicode strings... the
using the padright and similar string manipulators gave me warnings about
ansistring conversions :?

NOTE: this may be because i have an older lazarus and fpc installed... lazarus
fixes 1.6.1 and fpc fixes 3.0.something...