[Lazarus] The new kid is growing up fast

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Sun Aug 20 23:50:12 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-15 14:16, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> On 2017-08-15 12:35, Michael Schnell via Lazarus wrote:
>> How to compare it against Lazarus ?
>
> No idea - I've only been watching the CrossVCL videos as milestones
> get reached. I've never tried CrossVCL personally, and don't use
> Delphi personally either (since 2006).

Didn't you pull delphi out recently for some work you said?

Anyway, I'd like to know more technical details of how CrossVCL actually
works... compared to how lazarus works.

Lazarus compiles native apps for each platform, whereas CrossVCL?  May
make the same mistakes as Kylix? Or not.

If anyone wants, this could be changed to Fpc-Other post, sorry if it's
not on topic for Lazarus discussions. It could be related in that the
architecture behind crossvcl could be studied for research and ideas
could be used between it, but..