[Lazarus] fpReport released

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Mon Aug 21 09:08:07 CEST 2017

On 21.08.2017 1:38, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> On 2017-08-20 21:16, Andreas Frieß via Lazarus wrote:
>> The freetype dll searched by the fpreport was freetype-6.dll, but the
>> actual freetype-2.3.5-1-bin.zip has only a freetype6.dll. (Renaming is
>> not a problem for me)
>
> It seems FreeType has some inconsistencies with its releases and
> naming of the DLL. I have copies of freetype-6.dll, freetype6.dll and
> freetype.dll - all version 6 and all downloaded from somewhere on the
> Internet.
>
> I guess the one good thing is that there is a fpReport TODO item to
> remove the freetype*.dll dependencies for Windows in the future. That
> is already possible with the AggPas exporter, but in that specific
> case I prefer the freetype usage as it generates better text via
> AggPas and has more features that the Windows Font API supports.

I use my own reporting engine - very similar to fpReport (no GUI
dependency, no DB dependency, XML-template based). I use fpTTF for
getting font information for rendering. Can't you use it as well?

For LCL bitmap output (preview), I use EasyLazFreeType /
TIntfFreeTypeDrawer directly to get a TLazIntfImage. No need for AggPas
or other libraries.

What do you need freetype for?

Ondrej