[Lazarus] Problem accessing the lazarus forums...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:25:43 CET 2017

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 09:52:34 +0100, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus

>A normal fpc install puts it in /etc/fpc.cfg

Thanks, that is where I found it now!
I wonder why this did not work before?
sudo find / -name fpc.cfg
Now it does.

Anyway, I could not see anything that would cause lazarus to fail in
finding the file. OTOH if Lazarus cannot find the file then there must
be something else in error....

>How did you install fpc?

Well, this is a long story, I always install from sources and I have a
lot of RPi units (7-10) with fpc on some of them but not all.
A year ago I was working on a project for remote control using fpc and
I think I used this RPi then. But in March the project was put on hold
and I stopped using fpc until now when I need to start again.
And now I am not 100% sure which Pi I used so I tried starting up
Lazarus on one after the other to see which projects were in the
recent projects list.
And on this unit Lazarus failed to find the compiler and the fpc
sources for some reason.
I get these messages on the Lazartus start dialog box:

Compiler:
File: /home/pi/bin/fpc
Error: system.ppu not found. Check your fpc.cfg  <== HERE

FPC Sources:
Directory: /usr/fpc/3.0.0
Warning: Found version 3.0.0, expected 3.0.2
You can download FPC and the FPC sources from.....

So I suspected that the fpc.cfg file contained some bogus info, which
I had to edit away, but I had all forgotten where this file was
supposed to be...

Note that I normally install using a script which downloads the
sources and builds both fpc and lazarus.
It does all of that into /home/pi instead of into the global locations
because I want to be able to rebuild both without using sudo.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden