[Lazarus] External/out-of-tree LCL widgetset

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Dec 4 10:31:52 CET 2017

On 01.12.2017 20:43, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> On 2017-12-01 13:33, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:
>> I believe RAD is the best way to code a GUI....
>
> I'll even disagree with that - somewhat. :)
>
>    http://geldenhuys.co.uk/articles/model-gui-mediator.pdf

The article starts :

After mastering OOP and Object Persistence, the next thing
developers need to conquer is how to present their business objects
in the GUI ...

IMHO this is the best way to threaten away would be software developers
from even starting to try to do any programming but have them do their
living as windows cleaners.

When (as a newcomer) starting to do any "business logic", it's essential
to have a toolbox that allows for testing your work on the fly. And this
(at best) does include a really simple way to add a GUI (this is called
RAD), even if intending to use this only for your own purpose and
deactivate it in any final version of the product.

-Michael