[Lazarus] External/out-of-tree LCL widgetset

Wed Dec 6 01:20:41 CET 2017

On 2017-12-05 07:06, Martin Schreiber via Lazarus wrote:
> This also is your opinion, I don't think you are so absolutely right as your
> statements allways sound.:-)

At least I sound good. ;-)

> In MSEgui the DB-components work very well, are convenient and fast and

I'll have to take your word for it. I've never used MSEgui for any real
work. I've only used MSEide - that works well.

> provide much more possibilities than a TStringGrid.

TStringGrid was just an example - it can be any widget representing
complex data.

> and limitations and additional complexity by an additional layer like
> tiOPF.;-)

tiOPF is not a requirement for Model-GUI-Mediator. tiOPF simply contains
the best MGM implementation I know.

I'm actually continuing work on something Michael van Canneyt started
very long ago but got lost over time. MGM for LCL with design time
support (optional). All without requiring tiOPF, and can totally replace
DBAware components.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/