[Lazarus] CHM help package (Marco van de Voort)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 11 17:18:43 CET 2017

Am 11.12.2017 15:15 schrieb "Sergey Bodrov via Lazarus" <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

> On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 01:25:59PM +0300, Sergey Bodrov via Lazarus wrote:
> >
> > I change code formatting, many private names, add many comments and
> embrace
> > whole blocks of code into try..finally. And now can't tell, which parts
> is
> > most essential.
>
> Yes. Somebody will have to figure that mess out, preferably by somebody who
> has some recollection about what he has done.  It is always a bad idea to
> do
> big style related operations mixing it with real fixes.  Now you know why
> :-)

Problem is that I first change code formatting just to make it readable,
and then do fixes. Most fixes was impossible without reformatting.

In projects like Lazarus and Free Pascal it's "when in Rome, do as the
Romans do" regarding formatting. So don't change formatting only because
*you* can't work with it. And I highly doubt that the possibility of fixes
depends on the formatting...

Regards,
Sven