[Lazarus] CHM help package

Sergey Bodrov serbod at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 11:01:16 CET 2017

lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

> Am 12.12.2017 um 08:39 schrieb Sergey Bodrov via Lazarus:
>
>  iso-8859-1 encoding have not relation to MS Locale ID. It HTML-specific,
> and must handled by HTML viewer. I do dirty hack with HTML codepage
> coversion just because don't ready to make fixes in TIpHtmlPanel.
>

> But this specification occurs in the file and is not handled by your code.
> But anyway: If I understand you correctly you say that this part of your
> fixes is a hack around a IpHtmlPanel issue. Then you should know that I
> fixed code page conversion for the HtmlPanel some weeks ago in trunk, and
> just a minute ago I added another fix for the codepages which are not
> specified in the way LConvEncoding expects them ("windows-1252" instead of
> "cp-1252"). With these modifications I was able to see the German umlauts
> in the chm files I found on my HD correctly. Does this mean that your
> LCLID-related changes are obsolete? Please test.

Well, then my codepage and conversion procedure for HTML contents not
needed anymore.
But LocaleID-based codepage conversion is still needed for topic names
(Table of Contents and Index) and, maybe, for full-text search.

BTW,  in ipcss.inc TCSSProps.ReadCommands() lack of Args.Count checking
for 'border-width', 'border-color' and 'border-style' cause Args[0]
out-of-range errors.
Instead of tons checks for Args.Count, I propose single local function,
that returns string from Args by index, or empty string if there is no such

*Bodrov Sergey*
software development, IT consulting
http://www.serbod.com
*Phone (Belarus):* +375(25)794-21-58