[Lazarus] CHM help package (Marco van de Voort)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 12 11:14:09 CET 2017

Am 12.12.2017 09:07 schrieb "Sergey Bodrov via Lazarus" <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

Problem is that I first change code formatting just to make it readable,
> and then do fixes. Most fixes was impossible without reformatting.
>

> In projects like Lazarus and Free Pascal it's "when in Rome, do as the
> Romans do" regarding formatting. So don't change formatting only because
> *you* can't work with it. And I highly doubt that the possibility of fixes
> depends on the formatting...

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Coding_style - "There are no formal standards"
for FCL and other packages distributed with FPC. So I use Lazarus and
Embarcadero coding guides.

No formal standard does not mean that you can change code formatting as you
want.
The modus operandi is to adhere to the formatting of the surrounding code.

I will do whole work again as Romans want if Romans pay me.

Patches with formatting changes are very likely to be rejected in code that
belongs to the FPC project (can't speak about Lazarus here) and for the
compiler itself it is even nearly assured.

Regards,
Sven