[Lazarus] CHM help package

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Dec 13 13:58:43 CET 2017

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 03:37:24PM +0300, Sergey Bodrov via Lazarus wrote:
> That you refuse to understand things that are clearly explained in
> > this mailing list and in wiki.
> >

> Can massive changes in non-RTL packages can be treated as new files?

No.

> How to submit patches with massive formatting changes?

Hard. But if you for some odd reason feel the need to do all this
reformatting etc, it doesn't matter as long as you keep your fixes separate
(e.g. in a local version system, or just by keeping copies), and then insert
them in the original, unreformated checkout and then make the patch.

> It's too painful to catch a bugs in messy code without any documentation.

The problem is that messy is relative.

> I thinking about just make a new namespace and forget about that problem
> for myself.  But I want to understand, how developers of FPC made massive
> changes (as with Unicode handling) with such strict constraints.

It takes training. And one should start small, in keeping relative simple
changes as small, reliable and unintrusive possible.

After a while it becomes a second nature.