[Lazarus] Lazarus Release 1.8

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 13:14:54 CET 2017

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> At compile time it is CP_NONE, at runtime it can be any codepage.

My understanding (which, if it is wrong, sorry but not my fault since the
docs are a bit vague and all the names involved are totally unintuitive
:-P) is that RawByteString has basically no codebase so it is treated as a
byte string pretty much the same way AnsiString was treated pre-FPC3. So
i'd expect the codebase to always be CP_NONE and to change it, i'd have to
assign the RawByteString to some string type with an associated codepage
(basically, making the RBS an "escape hatch" to the whole conversion
machinery).