[Lazarus] TMSSQLConnection how to specify the server port?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 14:29:49 CET 2017

I am writing a subversion server hook application (command line) on
Windows using FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.0 and I have now come to the
auditing database connection I want to implement.

The database server is an MSSQLServer Express instance on a Windows
2016 Server and it runs on a non-standard TCP port.

In an earlier thread here in Feb 2016 I asked about how to use the
TMSSQLConnection component (on a Raspberry Pi) and it was basically
running after the help I got.

At the time the server I used was running as the default instance on
port 1433 and the component probably assumes this if not told
otherwise. So I did not think about this problem back then.

But now I have to address it, so:
How can I specify the port on the host where MSSQL listens?
I find no property named "Port" in he component...

Secondly:
---------
On the Raspberry Pi I had to install a FreeTDS library in order to get
a database connection. After I got that advice I included the apt-get
install for the library in my standard script for setting up
FPC/Lazarus on a Raspberry and forgot all about it. Always working
afterwards.
But now I am back on a Windows 7 machine and here I don't have a clue
as to how one installs the FreeTDS library.

Any pointers to how it is done?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden