[Lazarus] TMSSQLConnection how to specify the server port?

Wed Dec 27 15:05:55 CET 2017

On 2017-12-27 13:29, Bo Berglund via Lazarus wrote:
> But now I am back on a Windows 7 machine and here I don't have a clue
> as to how one installs the FreeTDS library.
>
> Any pointers to how it is done?

You simply download the DLL and include it in the same directory as the
EXE of your application, or install it to a global location like
System32 directory.

    ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/contrib/windows/

For more details:
    http://wiki.freepascal.org/mssqlconn

And if all else fails, you can also look at the official Free Pascal
documentation:

    https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fcl/mssqlconn/tmssqlconnection.html

I've connected to SQL Server instances from FreeBSD, Linux and Windows -
all without much trouble - once I followed the documentation.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/