[Lazarus] TMSSQLConnection how to specify the server port?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 19:00:41 CET 2017

On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 17:32:38 +0100, Bo Berglund via Lazarus

>On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 14:05:55 +0000, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus
><lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>

>>You simply download the DLL and include it in the same directory as the
>>EXE of your application, or install it to a global location like
>>System32 directory.
>>
>>    ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/contrib/windows/
>>

>I have tested this and no matter which of the included dll files in
>the zip I put into my project directory I always get the exception:

>I have downloaded zipfiles 0.95 and 1.00
>
>Both of them contain:
>Win32:
>  dblib_2000.dll
>  dblib_2008.dll
>  libiconv2.dll
>Win64:
>  dblib.dll
>  dblib_2008.dll
>  libiconv.dll

I had to use BOTH the dblib.dll AND the libiconv.dll from Win64 dir...
I had no idea I was building a 64 bit app....

But this was not enough, I also had to do the following:

>constructor TSvnAuditer.Create;
>begin
>  FConn := TMSSQLConnection.Create(nil);
>  FQuery := TSQLQuery.Create(nil);
>  FTrans := TSQLTransaction.Create(nil);
>  FConn.Transaction := FTrans;
>  FQuery.Transaction := FTrans;
>  FQuery.DataBase := FConn;
   InitialiseDBLib('dblib.dll'); <== Had to add this
>end;

And this required adding dblib to the uses clause.

This last part was from a discussion I googled:
http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/forum/forums-general/3849-cannot-open-tmssqlconnection-component
which initially seemed to be about "CodeTyphon", whatever that is.

But with these items in place I got a connection and could execute a
query.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden