[Lazarus] TMSSQLConnection how to specify the server port?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 15:31:28 CET 2017

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 10:13:11 +0000, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus

>On 2017-12-27 23:17, Bo Berglund via Lazarus wrote:
>> But I have done nothing else than installing from the Lazarus 1.8
>> installer (lazarus-1.8.0-fpc-3.0.4-win64.exe), which also gets me fpc
>> 3.0.4. So I don't know how to "check my installation".
>

>As Ondrej said... If you look at the name of the installer file, you
>installed the Win64 version of Lazarus and FPC. If you wanted the 32-bit
>version, download the installer file that mentions win32 in the name. If
>you do the latter, you can always later install the official FPC win64
>cross-compiler which will then allow you to target both 32-bit and
>64-bit Windows.

Strange, I wanted to have another look at the site from where I
downloaded the installer, but now I can no longer find it! My memory
tells me it was using a layout with a sidebar with a "Downloads" link
that brought me to a page on the same site where there was a list of
downloadable exe files. And there was also a bit of text explaining
which file to grab. I thought it was the Lazarus home site...
The actual download link I used from that site was (after examining my
download history, downloaded 2017-12-19):
https://10gbps-io.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lazarus/Lazarus%20Windows%2064%20bits/Lazarus%201.8.0/lazarus-1.8.0-fpc-3.0.4-win64.exe

Now whatever I try search-wise I always end up at SourceForge download
page or other with no extra text as to which one to select. Can't fine
the one I got it from. Have the lazarus sites been redesigned in the
last week?

In any case:
------------
The reason I selected the win64 file was that my earlier experience
with installers like these was that if there were two to selct from
(win32 or win64) it was in order to select which environment the
program would run under (Windows 32 or 64 bit). In this case on my
Windows 7 x64 laptop.
But I am not used to select installer according to capabilities
(except for licensed or unlicesnsed etc). So it never dawned on me
that it would also only build 64 bit applications....

Now that I have the win64 version installed how do I go about making
it possible to build for both 32 and 64 bit environments?

In my Delphi XE5 environment I can do this easily in the project
options where the target can be switched for each configuration.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden