[Lazarus] How to strip debug symbols from exe file?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 12:07:11 CET 2017

I usually program with Lazarus on a Linux platform and with Delphi on
Windows.
But now I am working on a Lazarus 1.8.0/fpc3.0.4 IDE to make a
crossplatform program.

On Linux I am used to do "strip -s filename" on the resulting
executable to bring it down to a sensible size.
But on Windows 7, what can I do?

My little command line program (no GUI stuff at all) is bloated up to
7.7 Mbytes even though I have barely started work on it. I realized
this when the svn import took such a long time...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden