[Lazarus] How to strip debug symbols from exe file?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 12:34:41 CET 2017

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 1:07 PM, Bo Berglund via Lazarus
> My little command line program (no GUI stuff at all) is bloated up to
> 7.7 Mbytes even though I have barely started work on it.

I believe there is debug info included.
If you compile with optimization and without debug info, the binary
will have sensible size. No strip is needed then.

> I realized this when the svn import took such a long time...

How is svn import related to compiled binary size?
Do you store the executable binary in revision control? You should not.

Juha