[Lazarus] How to strip debug symbols from exe file?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 30 15:58:31 CET 2017

Am 30.12.2017 12:50 schrieb "Bo Berglund via Lazarus" <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 12:14:43 +0100 (CET), Michael Van Canneyt via
Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>> On Linux I am used to do "strip -s filename" on the resulting
>> executable to bring it down to a sensible size.
>> But on Windows 7, what can I do?
>
>You can do exactly the same. FPC is distributed with a strip binary.

Thanks, I did not know it was an fpc utility, I believed it was
something that came with Linux...

It's indeed something that's provided by Linux distributions, but on
Windows we provide that and some other tools as well.

Regards,
Sven