[Lazarus] "Procedure list" level depth dependend?

Wed Feb 22 15:40:34 CET 2017

On 2017-02-14 17:03, Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus wrote:
> Is there a restriction to show only functions of level depth 1?
> If yes, why?
> I did not found any options influencing this.

I tested with Lazarus v1.3 and Lazarus v1.7. I can confirm that older
Lazarus versions seem to limit itself to only top-level (depth of 1)
methods, functions and procedures. It does work correctly in v1.7 though.

I can also confirm that the original Procedure List implementation
didn't use CodeTools internally - it had its own parser - and with that
code it listed all methods/procedures/functions, no matter the nested
depth. See attached screenshot.

So I guess somewhere when Procedure List was converted to using
CodeTools, this bug got introduced. It was definitely not the intent.

Maybe a small patch can be applied to your Lazarus to resolve the issue
locally. Maybe compare your version of Lazarus to the latest Procedure
List in trunk and see what is done differently with CodeTools. I haven't
looked at the Procedure List code in a very long time. If I have the
time I'll try and take a look, but I'm extremely busy at the moment, so
no guarantees.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/