[Lazarus] LCL High-DPI Watch List is Blank.

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Wed Feb 22 19:40:14 CET 2017

On 02/22/2017 11:55 AM, Donald Ziesig via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi Ondrej!
>
> I downloaded the latest lazarus from svn. Then make bigide.
>
> When I started lazarus, the CoolBar is empty (except for the Save icon
> which is the correct size).  The component icons are definitely bigger
> than the last version, but appear more like 125% rather than the 150%
> that I would expect for 144 dpi.
>
> I rebuilt the laz_images.res (at least the file time stamp changed)
> and the ide but there was no change in the empty CoolBar.
>
> images/README.txt says:
>
> To use a high-DPI icon, register the icon with the suffix "_150"
> (150%) or "_200" (200%). See e.g. actions/laz_save_150.png
>
> How do I do that?  I can create the bigger icons with gimp and store
> them in the actions directory but that doesn't seem to help (tried
> this with the menu_run icon but it still uses the old one.
>
> Also, in the sub-menus there is only ONE icon (for File|Save).
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don
>

> On 02/21/2017 06:33 PM, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:
>> Update: I worked further today (unfortunately...)
>>
>> I also added icon scaling support to the IDE. The IDE now can load
>> 150% and 200% versions of the icons. If a High-DPI icon is missing,
>> the normal icon is upscaled (with the worst algorithm, but that's
>> what is available in the IDE).
>>
>> Request: search for volunteers who would add at least the most
>> important IDE icons (open, save, desktops - basically what is visible
>> in the coolbars). Please see images/README.txt for more info.
>>
>> Note: the High-DPI icons are used only from 144DPI (150%) upwards.
>> 120DPI (125%) uses the original icons (which is default on Windows,
>> AFAIK).
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ondrej

Hi Ondrej!

I have a new issue this time with the "Watch List".

The contents of the form are empty!   There is no menu, no expression,
nothing.  When I right click, I get the appropriate pop-up menu which
appears to operate correctly.  When I add watches, I get an empty
highlight bar at the appropriate position.

After adding a few watches, it looks like this:

It worked correctly yesterday before my latest re-install for improved
Hi-Res buttons.

Don