[Lazarus] $IF for Linux and FreeBSD platforms?

Tue Feb 28 20:53:45 CET 2017

On 2017-02-28 19:37, Lars via Lazarus wrote:
> can someone explain why you would use "$IF defined" instead of $IFDEF...

In that case a piece of code applied to both Linux and FreeBSD
platforms. I didn't see the need to duplicate the code with IFDEF
statements - thus making code management more work.

So use "$IF defined" to accept more that one define for a block of code.

>> Dope!!! Thanks for spotting that. I need more coffee. ;-)
>
> Coffee being used as a crutch is bad. Use it for an extra burst, not as
> an hourly/daily reliance.

I live on coffee and Red Bull at the moment. Trying to survive lots of
sleepless nights due to a little human teething! :-(

Or how does the other saying go:
   Computer Programmer: We convert coffee and pizza into source code.
   :-)

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/