[Lazarus] Form.ActiveChanged vs Screen ActiveControlChanged

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 16:17:44 CET 2017

Hello,

In my code I'm overriding "Form.ActiveChanged" to catch when control
focus changes and perform some global checks, it works fine except when
focus is changed with mouse.

As a test I've added a handler in Screen.ActiveControlChanged and in
this case it works with both mouse and keyboard.

Is this behaviour intented ? I'm testing in Windows 7 with SVN fpc and
Lazarus. I do not know how Delphi works.

Attached there is a small test program, change the TEdit focus using
both mouse and keyboard (Tab) and see the differences.

Saludos,
	José Mejuto