[Lazarus] In search of a component for holding a table of strings

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Jan 10 11:51:20 CET 2017

Am 2017-01-10 um 11:06 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus:
 > Now if any developers implements an application that actually displays
 > that amount of data to the end-user without filtering, I'll be first in
 > line to knock them over the head. :-P

I think this is easy with VirtualTreeView as it only display what fits on the window.
Of course, you will not see all the millions of entries at the same time but
putting it into a VirtualTree will allow you to scroll through them without delay.
I use a VirtualTree for millions of entries and it works fine.

You only need to make sure that displaying one entry does not require to go through
all other entries (i.e. by calculating something that involves all entries).