[Lazarus] In search of a component for holding a table of strings

Tue Jan 10 12:03:37 CET 2017

On 2017-01-10 10:51, Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus wrote:
> Of course, you will not see all the millions of entries at the same time but
> putting it into a VirtualTree will allow you to scroll through them without delay.

fpGUI's StringGrid doesn't have any delay on scrolling or jumping to the
extreme limits of the data. The all appear instantly.

My point was that NO application should display so much data to a
end-user, as it is simply too much. A end-user always knows what they
are looking for, more or less, (otherwise they wouldn't be in that
screen). So present them with some filtering options first. Basic UI
design principles... but this is another topic to discuss elsewhere.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/