[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Jan 16 21:18:31 CET 2017

> On Sunday 15 January 2017 15:30:44 Martin Vahi via Lazarus wrote:
>

>> I haven't used Lazarus yet, I need to learn it,
>> but during the development of my own JavaScript GUI library I have came
>> to a conclusion that GUI-s are inherently something that require "dynamic
>> programming" or the code gets really bloated.

GUI's require wrappers.

Delphi 5 as an example, is a wrapper around the win32api

All successful programming projects are just good wrappers. (everything is
a wrapper)

If you program GUI's yourself from scratch, you waste thousands (if not
millions) of lines of code instead of having a tool that already wrapped
it and abstracted it for you and put it in a reusable library (again a
wrapper)