[Lazarus] Teaching Pascal at College

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Jan 17 21:01:34 CET 2017

On 01/17/2017 01:11 PM, Lars via Lazarus wrote:
> fpGUI is, in every way possible, a wrapper.
>
> It wrapps low level x11/win32 calls into a usable frameworks called fpGUI
>
> Object orientation is often a wrapper around system calls, fpGUI is object
> oriented and makes low level calls so someone can use fpGUI as a wrapper
> around these obnoxious insane low level calls that no one wants to use
> directly.

oh good grief, man... i think you're being much too pedantic, here... if we take
your definition then all non-GUI programs are also nothing more than wrappers
around BIOS and OS calls...

the main point, however, that was trying to be made is to cut the bloat by using
your own libraries... like fpGUI... then you have only your bugs to worry about
and not those of some library 5 levels down in the dll hell that you don't even
know is in play and leaving a huge security hole open in your apps...

sometimes too much is too much ;)