[Lazarus] DateTimeToStr gives an invalid format string error when closing an rdp session

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Jan 24 17:50:50 CET 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to debug a strange thing I saw in production (the main
symptom, but not the only one, is a TSynEdit in a tab in a TPageControl
that goes completely blank, no text, no scrollbars, no nothing, I
suspect I'm clobbering some memory but I'm not sure).
So I setup a windows 7 virtual machine in a server to leave my program
running under the debugger until it "breaks".
I was accessing the server though rdp and, as soon as I close the
session, the program gives the "Invalid format string" exception in
DateTimeToStr, if I click "continue" the exception is triggered again in
the next call, and again, and again.

Now I'm using vnc to access the server, but I'm wondering what could be
causing that exception. Could be windows broadcasting a message when the
rdp session terminates, a message that TApplication mishandles?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007