[Lazarus] sqlite slowdown in release vs Lazarus IDE

Julius JuuS at mailbox.org
Mon Jul 3 08:25:50 CEST 2017

Hi,

I wonder if someone could perhaps suggest what could be causing a rather
large insert slowdown issue with a sqlite component.

I'm compiling in Debian Jessie, using qt widgetset, and Lazarus 1.6.

I've got a small database, about 200 items. In debug/IDE mode under
Lazarus the insertion of these data is blindingly fast, less than an
eyeblink. There is hardly a blip in CPU history window.

But when I build and use the release standalone version the same insert
process takes 25 seconds, about 10,000 times slower. A single thread
shows up in the CPU history window and hangs there during this time.

My program also supports a text DB (based on INI files). It is also
blindingly fast, and in both IDE and standalone.

Literally, the only difference is not running through the IDE. I've used
the debug, unoptimized version, which works perfectly in IDE, outside as
standalone, and the slowdown remains.

The only difference in the project options are optimizations and debug
information, but as I said, the slowdown is true of both optimized and
unoptimized outside of the IDE.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

--
Julius