[Lazarus] Lazarus Release Candidate 3 of 1.8.0

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 09:52:29 CEST 2017

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 12:49 AM, brian via Lazarus
> I think "annoying" is a bit of an understatement, myself. If the final
> release of 1.8 still shows the problem *for me*, then I'm certainly
> going to be staying with 1.6.4.

It is not so serious because there are workarounds.
The problem happens only in some Linux distro / desktop combinations
and even there not always. Users were able to configure their systems
to get rid of the problem.
For example I have used various distros with XFCE and KDE but never
seen the problem.
One option is to dive into LCL-GTK2 code and fix the problem. That
should be done by somebody who actually experiences it.

[OutOfTopic]
I can recommend Manjaro Linux + KDE. It always has the latest released
versions of everything and KDE5 has matured beautifully.
I always screwed up my Ubuntu derivatives when I tried to install new
stuff without using their package repos.
Ubuntu was the state or art > 10 years ago but not any more. Things
have advanced since then.
[/OutOfTopic]