[Lazarus] GetAppConfigDir and GetAppConfigDirUTF8 and Apache

Andrea Mauri andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 10:41:45 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I have a question related GetAppConfigDir function when the application
is called from a script being run by apache.
One of my application user gets this result from GetAppConfigDir(False):

/root/.config/myappname

since my app uses the local config dir to store some files if the
directory does not exit, the app tries to create it.
Anyway since the resulting directory is in the root my app is not able
to create the file.
Obviously the user doesn't want to give apache root permissions.

Is there any solution? Any hint?

Andrea Mauri