[Lazarus] KDE 5

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 16:52:02 CEST 2017

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Juha Manninen via Lazarus
> Moved from the "Release Candidate 3" thread:
>
> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
> <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> {
>>   "OutOfTopic" : ["If by mature you mean 'bloated', then yes.",
>>                   "KDE has become so bloated, it has driven me away.",
>>                   "To linux mint and cinnamon." ] }
>>
>> ;)
>
> This is a little out of scope of the whole Lazarus list but I comment anyway.
> KDE 5 is not bloated at all. It is slimmer that KDE 4. If you only use
> KDE and QT applications, it is very snappy and light.

Hello,

If such comments are not unwelcome I would also suggest there are many
architectural improvements in the code and invite Mr. Canneyt to
peruse the Plasma 5 source (KDE 5 doesn't exist).

That said there are some changes that have broken UI compatibility
with KDE 4 and made the menus slightly harder to use for people with
poor eyesight, but many things have similar problems.