[Lazarus] IDE-SynEdit Caret Color

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Jul 18 18:11:52 CEST 2017

On 18/07/2017 14:53, Dmitry Boyarintsev via Lazarus wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there an option to control caret color of IDE editor?
>
> I typically use classic color scheme, that means blue background with
> yellow text.
> However, the OS caret still draws the caret in black.
>
> On SynEdit internals, there's a way to use an internal caret painter
> TSynEditScreenCaret.Create(.., TSynEditScreenCaretPainterInternal)
> and that provides a precise control over how caret looks.

No, the IDE does not (yet) have that options (patches welcome / maybe
also a not focused color?)

SynEdit has 2 different caret handlers: System / Internal

The default for SynEdit is system, but if multi caret is added, it
changes to internal (the IDE has multi caret)

System can not be modified (well may depend on OS). System (at least on
win) allows only one caret per app (so an app with 2 SynEdit can still
only have one caret)

Internal can be modified, or at least that can be added.
Internal does not (yet) follow the system blink rate.