[Lazarus] IDE-SynEdit Caret Color

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Jul 18 18:48:16 CEST 2017

On 18/07/2017 17:41, Dmitry Boyarintsev via Lazarus wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Dmitry Boyarintsev
> <skalogryz.lists at gmail.com <mailto:skalogryz.lists at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     So I'm wondering is multi-caret / Internal synedit drawing is
>     enabled at all time.

In the IDE yes. It becomes active when the multi caret plugin is added.
Independent of the amount of carets used.

> Just like Martin said - the internal painter is used.
>
> The code of the internal caret painter sets pmNotXor mode when drawing
> lines.
> The value seems to be ignored by WS

Yes must be WS.

Tested on w32
white BG => black caret
black BG => white caret

However since the current color for pmNotXor inverts all bits, there is
one case:
If your BG is grey 7F 7F 7F, the the caret is 80 80 80. Not really helpful.