[Lazarus] lazbuild and package output dirirectory

Alonso Cárdenas Márquez acardenas at bsd-peru.org
Thu Jul 20 01:12:30 CEST 2017

Hi

I'm maintainer of fpc and lazarus on FreeBSD and I have added some lazarus
apps to ports tree (peazip and transmision-remote-gui for example), but I'm
having some problems when an app needs some packages not compiled by
default with lazarus (editors/lazarus is compiled like BIGIDE on FreeBSD).

Currently, I'm using lazbuild -d  to compile lazarus apps. If I remove -d
parameter, lazbuild will compile missing package from lazarus source code
(source code is part of editor/lazarus port).

The main problem is that outputdir of these packages always is created into
--lazarusdir. It break some ports rules because it'll create files out of
working directory.

How can I define output directory of missing packages? I want that missing
package output directory will be create into current working directory and
it doesn't touch lazarusdir directory (similar way like when lazarusdir is
not writable. It create output directory to home directory). I was looking
into lazbuild source code to try add a new option but I read that touch
lazbuild is not a good idea. Maybe It could be defined into *.lpi file. Any
idea about it?

Greetings
ACM