[Lazarus] TStatusBar initialization problem.

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Sat Jul 29 10:24:17 CEST 2017

On 28/07/17 19:00, Donald Ziesig via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I am writing a new app that will use a StatusBar at the bottom of the
> main window (just like I have done many times in the past - with both
> Delphi and Lazarus).  Strangely enough, even though I have nothing but
> the gui implemented (no app specific code, etc.), the StatusBar does NOT
> display until I manually resize the main window, at which time, it
> appears as appropriate with its two panels visible.  To isolate the
> problem further, I temporarily set the color to blue to see if it were
> only panel contents that were not showing.  In this test, the blue
> status bar again does not appear until the main form is manually resized.
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31621 is similar. My issue seems
related to changes to the form as it is being created; you don't say of
you are doing something along these lines.

Unfortunately the re-sizing code is sufficiently complicated I haven't
been able to identify any solutions.

Colin