[Lazarus] bluetoothlaz package cannot detect Bluetooth LE (version > 4.0) devices on raspberry pi

Dennis dec12 at avidsoft.com.hk
Tue Jun 6 17:25:38 CEST 2017

I am using Raspberry Pi 3 (with wifi+bluetooth).
When using the command tool, bluetoothctl, it can detect old and new
bluetooth devices (version > 4.0).

However, using the bluetoothlaz inside my lazarus app, it can only
detect old bluetooth devices (not the BLE new devices).

I am guessing the bluetoothctl uses the new version and features in
bluez (ver 5.41) but bluetoothlaz uses the
{$linklib bluetooth}

which probably is the file
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libbluetooth.so.3
which is a symbolic link to
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libbluetooth.so.3.18.13

which might probably be compiled with old versions of bluez (or turn off
the BLE feature).

Do you think my guess is correct?

If yes, can anyone point me to how to update the libbluetooth.so ?
Should I compile a new .so?  How (I am bad in linux).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dennis