[Lazarus] Error when rebuilding the IDE in Lazarus 1.6.4, AMD64

brian666 at hughes.net brian666 at hughes.net
Sun Mar 5 15:15:09 CET 2017

Hi all,

Just upgraded to the AMD 64 versions of FPC 3.02 and Lazarus 1.6.4 as
downloaded from SourceForge, I upgraded an instance of 1.6.2 (from the
same source) which was working just fine. I'm running 64-bit Linux
Mint 'Betsy', i.e. the Debian-based version of Mint, on a AMD Phenom
x2. The problem is that rebuilding the IDE doesn't seem to work.

The error is shown as 'Generic error while linking'. I don't think the
source line is relevant, as it tags the 'end.' in lazarus.pp. The exit
code returned is 512.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks,

Brian.