[Lazarus] Animation library

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Wed Mar 8 19:35:35 CET 2017

On 2017-03-07 18:40, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> On 2017-03-07 19:02, Lars via Lazarus wrote:
>> Do you use JWM just for testing, or JWM all the time for all work?
>
> I've been using JWM non-stop for the last 4 years! I'll never return to
> a bloated "desktop environment" again.
>
> Things I like about it:
>  * I only activate the global shortcuts I need like Alt+F2, Alt-Tab.
>    Nothing else, so it never conflicts with any application shortcuts.
>  * Menus are a breeze to edit. I even used a 3rd party tool that
>    generated JWM include files from Gnome/KDE menus (but don't do
>    that any more).
>  * My desktop/application menu only contains what I need and use, and
>    items are grouped to what makes more sense to me.
>  * Clicking anywhere on the desktop window brings up the application
>    menu.
>  * Virtual desktops are built-in, as well as dragging apps from one
>    virtual desktop to another
>  * A Win95 like "taskbar" is built-in (optional). The same for
>    the trayicon areas.
>  * A simple theme with rectangular windows (very configurable if you
> are
>    into that kind of stuff, and you can configure rounded corner
>    windows too).
>  * The ability to restart JWM without having to shut down X11 or any
>    of your applications.eg: to refresh the application menus or
>    other config settings after being edited.
>  * It's fast and very light with RAM usage.
>  * Works perfectly with multiple monitors (I have 3), and I configured
>    the taskbar to the center monitor only.
>

> I can send you my config file if you want to see my layout.
>
> Regards,
>   Graeme

When I finally get around to installing freebsd, if I can remember.
What do you do when you need to run a Windows lazarus program?

My biggest gripe with bsd/linux is that I'd constantly have to switch
back to Windows/MacOSX to do testing as those are the major platforms to
sell apps on. So if I switch to BSD I'd likely end up just having to run
Windows inside bsd in an emulator anyway. Catch22.  You ever run lazarus
inside a windows emulator inside bsd? that's likely what I'd end up
doing, or compiling for windows inside bsd then testing the app in a
windows emulator. I'm not sure what the emulators/virtualbox's are
available for bsd.