[Lazarus] https website for Lazarus

Tue Mar 14 12:20:18 CET 2017

On 2017-03-14 10:38, Anthony Walter via Lazarus wrote:
> I just thought I'd share my experience with http://www.getlazarus.org
> I added https to it a few months ago using let's encrypt. The experience
> was pretty easy.

Indeed, Let's Encrypt is really easy to use and implement.

> The only hiccup I had/still have is that I serve images/video using S3 with
> a subdomain CNAME to improve performance. I had to use a separate

Unrelated to this really... I hate the way websites are designed these
days (but probably no way of going back to what it was a few years
back). Website are becoming "fat".

Take "www.getlazarus.org" as an example. Loading the full page from
scratch is a 1.244 MByte download. Of that, only 46KB is actual content
(HTML). That equates to a mere 3% of the whole download being content!

Please note, this is not a direct reflection on getlazarus.org only -
this seems to be the general trend of most websites on the internet
these days.

To verify, use F12 (Firefox) to see the developer window, select
Network, then click "Toggle Performance analysis". See the pie chart on
the right.

"http://www.lazarus-ide.org/" is slightly better, but still not great.
There 11% of the 181.19KB download is actual content.

"http://www.freepascal.org/" is even better still. There 21.9% of the
total 36.69KB download is actual content.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/