[Lazarus] Lazarus and Windows 10 IoT

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Mar 23 11:21:59 CET 2017

On 22.03.2017 14:50, Marc Weustink via Lazarus wrote:

> From what I've read, I fear not.
Supposedly true. AFAIK there is no support for Win IoT on ARM by fpc. I
understand that IoT on ARM is very different form Win CE - but rather
similar to Win on X86, so fpc supposedly would need a completely new target.
> I haven't tested it yet, but from what I understand, windows IOT uses
> a subset of the windows api,...
Yep. We already did test Delphi programs on Win IoT. Win IoT is lacking
any GUI API, but in our test, a Delphi generated Service ran on Win IoT
X86 without any modification. So a no-GUI Lazarus Program should run, as
well.

-Michael