[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE uses old keyboard layout after OS changed it.

Wed Mar 29 12:34:44 CEST 2017

Hi,

Is this a known issues? If I run Lazarus IDE (LCL-GTK2) on either Linux
or FreeBSD, and say my keyboard layout is set to US. Now if I change the
keyboard layout to say Dvorak while Lazarus IDE is open, then Lazarus
IDE still uses the US layout (I think), while the rest of the OS and any
running applications uses the new Dvorak layout.

I have hit this problem many times in recent weeks jumping between
various Linux VM's.

To rectify the problem I have to close Lazarus IDE down, then start it
up again. Then the IDE uses the right keyboard layout. It's as if
LCL-GTK2 doesn't react to a keyboard layout event change from X11 or
something. But other applications (also GTK2 based) like Pluma/gEdit
update without problems.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/