[Lazarus] Linux 64 to Linux ARC crosscompile was:Lazarus and Windows 10 IoT

Paul Breneman list2010 at BrenemanLabs.com
Thu Mar 30 14:37:22 CEST 2017

On 03/30/2017 07:24 AM, LacaK via Lazarus wrote:
> Alternate solution to my modified question (Cross-compile from Windows
> to Linux/ARM):
>
> - Download FpcUpDeluxe executable from
> https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases (in my case 1.2.0m)
> - Run it and choose InstallDir (for example D:\TEMP\fpcupdeluxe)
> - Select FPC and Lazarus version (for example FPC 3.0.2 and Lazarus trunk)
> - Click "Install/update FPC+Laz" (FPC and Lazarus sources will be
> downloaded from SVN and build)
> - Then select CPU=arm, OS=Linix and click "Install cross-compiler"
> (cross-compiler and FPC unit will be compiled)
>
> It is easy and awesome! Thank you very much for FpcUp[Deluxe]!
>
> Unfortunately there is not mentioned on:
>  http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_on_Raspberry_Pi#Cross_compiling_for_the_Raspberry_Pi_from_Windows
> and
>  http://wiki.freepascal.org/fpcup#Linux_ARM_cross_compiler ,
> that this whole process is covered by FpcUpDeluxe and user is not
> required do anything manualy ;-)
>
> P.S.1
> Only drawback, which I faced is, that I can not build current stable
> release of FPC 3.0.2 and Lazarus 1.6.4 using FpcUpDeluxe
> (fpcupdeluxe-i386-win32.exe on Win8.1 64bit)
> Program freezes and last entry in log is: Lazarus: lazbuild could not be
> found, so cannot build USERIDE.
> (configuration which works for me is FPC 3.0.2 + Lazarus trunk)
>
> P.S.2
> Interesting idea would be create utility which will build only
> cross-compilers based on FPC already installed (like does FpcUpDeluxe
> but without need/overhead of SVN checkout and Lazarus build
> functionality). May be only ZIP archive with needed utilities + script
> which will do needed tasks.

Thank you *very* much for that information!  If no one else does, I'll
try to update those two wiki pages, and also this one:
   http://wiki.freepascal.org/Small_Virtual_Machines

Best regards,
Paul
www.ControlPascal.com