[Lazarus] Change in source editor behaviour ?

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Thu Mar 30 23:09:41 CEST 2017

Am 30.03.2017 um 22:44 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus:

> Hello,
>
> I just updated my Lazarus - after quite some time (I was at 52983)
> to the latest SVN version (54501).
>
> It seems the editor behaviour regarding selection has changed. In a
> *major* annoying way, I might add.
>
> Before the update, if I stood at the start of a line, and did shift-down,
> the first line would be selected, including newline. Which is exactly
> what I wanted and what I always used: shift-down to select a line,
> copy to clipboard and then paste somewhere.
>
> After the update, when I do this, the first line is selected, and the
> second
> line (where the cursor is after shift-down) as well. With as a result
> that I can no longer select a single line with newline!!
>
> Is this intentional and if so, can this new behaviour be reverted - or
> at least
> made optional ? it is *extremely* annoying, I have no words for it
> (and if I had they would be really, really expletive).
>
> It's IMHO also bad policy to change the behaviour of an editor in such a
> major way without at least notifying people (as far as I can see,
> there is
> nothing in the WIKI about this)
>
> Michael.

I had this too, and it took me quite a while to find out: this is the
line selection mode which I must have activated accidentally. Working in
classic keyboard scheme this happens with CTRL-KL. Since I never knew
the key short cut to turn it off again I removed this key mapping, and
since then, I have not seen it again.