[Lazarus] Online Package Manager

Balázs Székely getmem1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 13:37:37 CEST 2017

> Online Package Manager shows the packages with "new" icon if the latest
> release time was in the given number of days, but shows them with normal
> icon if they are older than that days regardless if they are up-to-date
> or not.
> I my opinion:
> - It would be better to show up-to-date packages with normal icon
> and
> - Show all packages with "new" icon if their last release is newer than
> the installed one...

The idea was to notify the user if something has changed in the main
repository. With your method non-installed packages wouldn't show up as
"new" packages. For example if a completely new package is added to the
main repository, you cannot see it as new, which is not optimal in my
opinion.Beside if a new update is available a bold NEW text appears in the
update column(see attachment).